Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why is it a custom for Japanese men to give all their money to their wives?

Question:


What is this strange custom in Japan where the husband gives his entire paycheck to his wife and lets her dole it out as only she sees fit?

As an English tutor who has worked in Japan, I noticed that when a wealthy Japanese business man decides to hire me as his tutor, they would first invite me to their homes to "audition" for the wife.

The wife decides whether I'm worth the money, and if she does then she would let the husband have the money to hire me.

These Japanese executives are grown men with high paying jobs, and yet, at home, they are reduced to being children.

The wives even give their husbands an allowance.

Answer:


So you think it makes more sense for the husband to give the wife an allowance, reducing her to being a child? What a weird idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment