Monday, March 21, 2011

Helping Japan on Ebay?

Question:


I have some items I would love to sell on eBay that has to do or made in Japan.

The question is, Is there a way I can donate the money directly to the Red Cross through Paypal once the item is sold? Instead of me manually transferring the money from my bank account, could I transfer the money directly to the Red Cross?

I am an American who embraces Japanese Culture, and I love just about everything about Japan, especially the people. I want to help them by giving them money for food, water and clothing or even to help rebuild. I would do anything for them! It breaks my heart that the quake/tsunami happened to them, they didn't deserve it!

Is there a way I can donate the money directly to the Red Cross through Paypal once the item is sold? Instead of me manually transferring the money from my bank account, could I transfer the money directly to the Red Cross?

Thank you so much!

- Justin

Answer:


Since you are the seller, you will need to receive payments for those items. The sale price would be deposited ni paypal (assuming you use that as your method of payment) and then you can transfer that amount to the Red Cross (check the paypal webiste for a link)

you could donate the items to the Red Cross and they can sell them I guess

you could also offer the items for free and tell the bidders to donate the money directly to the Red Cross. Issue though is: How would you verify that the payment was indeed made?

So to answer your question: no YOU cannot sell the items and have the money go straight from paypal to the Red Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment