Monday, March 21, 2011

How does one find a job in a foreign country?

Question:


I'm graduating soon, and I'm currently mulling over taking a gap year. I'd love to spend a year overseas, but I'm not that financially well off. Since it would take me years before I could possibly save enough to cover all of my costs for a whole year, I figured that I might get a job while I was there.

How would I go about getting a job in a foreign country? I'm great at English, but I don't think I'd be very good at teaching; are there any other choices for a foreigner to do? It might score bonus points with any future colleges if I found a job pertaining to my chosen career path (journalism), but I'm also trying to be highly realistic. (I posted the question here because I figured that a fellow traveler would know.)

Answer:


If you are a foreigner looking for a job in Japan, I recommend the website;
http://www.gaijinpot.com
This site lists jobs, apartments and events going on in Japan. It is a very popular website for foreigners.

No comments:

Post a Comment