Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What is the reputation of Japanese Police Officers?

Question:


Do they have better reputation than American Police Officers? Do they have as many police brutality cases as their American counterparts? If they make a mistake, do they apologize to you like we so often see with Japanese people?

Answer:


>Do they have better reputation than American Police Officers?

I can't compare because I don't know American cops.

>Do they have as many police brutality cases as their American counterparts?

I have never seen police brutality in my life.

>If they make a mistake, do they apologize to you like we so often see with Japanese people?

I have seen them apologizing, yes.


Some of them are cold. Cops at koban (police box on street) are not cold. But when I visit a police station, some cops there are cold. But police officers in general are good.

BTW, it's not true that Japanese cops take bribes from citizens. I have never given them bribes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment