Friday, March 25, 2011

What kind of ocarina(s) are popular in japan?

Question:


My friend is going to japan for vacation.So this is my chance to get a real ocarina, so i asked her if she could. And she said if she see''s one and if she has money with her she will buy it for me . I'm afraid she will buy the wrong type i want, or if she buys a triple ocarina or if its too deep or too big . I want to know what are the most popular and you could see them almost everywhere kind of ocarina. I am a big fan of nintendo and zelda especially ocarinas i want an ocarina so so sooo bad the kind i want is one can fit in your pocket or wear it on my neck it can play many songs and is easy to learn if i have to learn finger combinations that's alright with me i also don't wont it to be bass low or higher than soprano high so basically i want a pendent or in-line (mountain ) ocarina or something very similar but i mostly want an english pendent ocarina
but is it available in japan she is going to tokyo first and then she said she was going to Okinawa

please i need to know this so i could tell her what kind to look for than you so much for answering this

Answer:


I have seen the Zelda Ocarina for sale in Akihabara and Animate! stores (which have dozens of locations around Tokyo city), you just have to search around and ask.
But, you can buy the 12-holed Ocarina from Zelda on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/12-Hole-Ocarina-Le…

It comes with a neck strap and can be worn or put into a pouch. I recommend this one for you.

As for other Ocarina's in general and which are popular, they are not a traditional instrument in Japan and so they are not really available to be bought just anywhere. You will have to check specialty music instrument shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment