Monday, April 4, 2011

Do you think the US Travel Advisory for Japan will be lifted...?

Question:


I'm supposed to study abroad in Nagoya this summer. I am leaving at the end of May. It is a university sponsored program led by one of our professors, so as long as the travel advisory stays in effect, the program can't happen. My professor is holding off officially canceling it though, she is hoping that the advisory will be lifted by the end of May so we can go. It stinks too, because in the actual advisory it lists the Aichi prefecture (where Nagoya is located) as a safe area. Do you think there is a chance the US Dept. of State will end the travel advisory to Japan by then?


I hope my question doesn't sound insensitive. I feel really bad about all that has happened in Japan, and my heart goes out to all the people affected by the earthquake/tsunami, and now those putting their lives on the line to stop the dangerous radiation w/ the nuclear plant. I'm still willing to go if I can, I just want to know if that will likely even be possible...

Answer:


I think there is no problem if US government says Aichi is safe.

But Japanese government says it takes months to calm the nuke down. So it's unlikely that the advisory will be lifted by the end of May.

Addition:
I can't believe that it's taking this long to calm the nuke down. But this is reality. I hope you can enjoy the next chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment