Thursday, April 21, 2011

When I was in Japan on holiday, I was approached by model scouts...?

Question:


It happened twice in Tokyo, once in Harajuku and again in Shibuya. I told both that I can't join their agency because I'm a forgeigner on vacation and I can't possibly live in Japan until 2012 which is when I finish university. My Japanese is good, and I intend to go to work there after I finish university as an English teacher. Firstly is there anyone who has had a similar experience? I.e, being a westerner in Japan and having been scouted by model agencies? Is it likely to get me anywhere? Of course I'm not prepared to just give up everything and move there now to pursue a modelling career, I'm realistic about it and I know it's a very competitive industry. I'm asking because after giving me their business details and giving them my email address, they contacted me and said they would like to invite me for an interview next time I am in Japan. Can anyone with experience in this type of work give me an idea as to what it's all about? How does it work? And is it hard? Especially for someone like me who is a westerner and looks different to most of the Japanese population. I would consider it as a secondary job, but I know nothing about this sort of business. Any advice, stories, help or inspiration would be appreciated! Thank you!

Oh and just to make it clear, they are official well known model agencies, not fakes or weirdos or anything like that.

Answer:


We can't give you accurate answers unless you give us the name of agencies.

Well, some agencies are legit. But anyway, if you live in Japan, you must have some visa. Not matter which visa it is, you have some limitation as to which job you can get. So you need to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment