Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Are black women considered beautiful and desirable in japanese culture?

Question:


I'm really interested in Japanese culture and would one day (despite the disaster that happened recently) to travel there. I'll admit that at some times I feel that black is not that beautiful because of all the hatred and racism I've seen and experienced towards people like me, black people in America. I would expect other countries to have their own negative and positive views on African Americans and other races and that's totally fine.

But one thing that I've really noticed and hear a lot about Japan is that Caucasian women are on billboards and are highly respected and thought of as desirable and exotic. I'm not hating on white women or white people in general but I'm really curious if Japan finds black women to be beautiful, desirable, or exotic like white women?

I'm a light skinned black woman with brownish red hair that reaches to the middle of my back and I have big hazel eyes. I'm 5'6" and I guess I'm considered curvy yet not fat in any way. But I continue to hear mixed reviews that, someone of my features is considered odd looking where as some say I'm beautiful. I know it depends on the person but I'd like to know if, in general, Japan finds African American women to be as beautiful as Caucasian women. Your information would be very helpful especially since I find myself attracted to Asian men particularly Japanese men.

Thank You :)

Answer:


>Are black women considered beautiful and desirable in japanese culture?

Honestly,no. I have not seen any Japanese media treating black women as beautiful or desirable.

>But one thing that I've really noticed and hear a lot about Japan is that Caucasian women are on billboards and are highly respected and thought of as desirable and exotic.

This is not true, either. Some medias treat white women as models. But it does not mean that many Japanese men want to date with white women. The most desirable people in Japan are fellow Japanese.

The truth is that more and more young Japanese men and women are getting reluctant to have a date. Most Japanese prefer Japanese partner. But many are choosing to stay single.

This survey by Japanese government shows this fact.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=201105…

This is in Japanese. But I won't give you its detail because it's going to be long. If you can read Japanese, you can see its detail.

There are often this kind of survey results in recent years, all saying that many Japanese men and women do not have a partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment