Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I`m 14 but I want to live in Tokyo?

Question:


I`m 14, and I`ll be 15 in December.
I don`t have Asian blood, I`m completely American; though, I`ve really liked Japanese culture since I was a child. &&; I want to go to Tokyo.
I`m attending a public high school here, but do you think I could transfer to a high school in Tokyo?
Do Japanese high schools have entrance fees..?
What are some good Japanese high schools..?
What are some Japanese high school rules..? (ex. haircolor, uniform)
Is the radiation still as bad as it was?
Any advice for living in Tokyo will be greatly appreciated!

Answer:


Obviously you are not fluent in Japanese, considering in one of your past questions you said "ULTRA KAWAII DESU YO NE~~~~~!!!"
I'm sorry to tell you but if you said this in Japan people will look at you like "wtf..."
I'm just saying. no one says ultra. that's only in anime.
If you think Japan is like in anime, you have it all wrong. I'm just saying.
Please get to know more of Japan's culture and continue studying Japanese.

As for transferring to a school, search for foreign exchange student programs. It would be impossible to go to a regular high school. High school requires entrance exams, which are very hard and Japanese middle school students study for hours and go to afterschool tutors everyday to prepare for these exams. And high school rules are different in every high school. We have very strict high schools where you can't dye your hair, and all the skirt lengths need to be a specific length, and very specific uniforms. Then there are others where you can dye hair, and you can cut your skirts really short, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment