Thursday, May 5, 2011

Are Japanese magazines at Kinokuniya overpriced?

Question:


I don't know where else to get them in the US. I'll be going on a trip to Seattle soon and I know that Uwajimaya has a kinokuniya there with Japanese magazines. I just know that they're expensive though.

Does anyone know of any cheaper options in the Seattle area for Japanese magazines?

The magazines I like to look at are the food/cooking, Jrock, and fashion magazines.

Answer:


The magazines are all imported, of course they're going to be expensive. You have to figure in that the company has to pay for the magazines themselves, pay to ship them to the USA, and then earn enough of a profit on them to make it worthwhile. You should expect imported items to be a bit more expensive than non-imported items. And this is going to be the case wherever you manage to buy the magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment