Thursday, May 5, 2011

How would you say “I’d/you like to…” in Japanese?

Question:


ex.
During the spring [I’d like to] wear an _____. [I’d also like to] smell the flowers.
During the fall [I’d like to] wear some ____. [I'd also like to] play in the leaves.
What do [you like to] ____ during the spring and fall?

Answer:


I'm surprised no one has answered your question. Here's my input.

There isn't really an equivalence as the phrase "I'd like to". It's better to think it as "I want to", then there would be a better saying.

Translation of how to say:

"During the spring [I’d like to] wear an _____. [I’d also like to] smell the flowers."
Haru no toki, watashi wa _______ wo kitai desu. Hana no nioi mo kagitai desu.
春の時、私は_____を着たいです。花のにおいも嗅ぎたいです。

"During the fall [I’d like to] wear some ____. [I'd also like to] play in the leaves."
Aki no toki, watashi wa _______ wo kitai desu. Ochiba no naka mo asobitai desu.
秋の時、私は_____を着たいです。落ち葉の中も、遊びたいです。

"What do you like to do during the spring and fall?"
Haru to aki no toki, nani o shitai desu ka.
春と秋の時、何をしたいですか。


Hope this helps. These are pretty much the accurate ways to say what you wanted to say in Japanese. I've included the Japanese forms with kanji for your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment