Thursday, May 5, 2011

Japan-visa expiry and duration of stay?

Question:


Well, if I obtain a visitor's visa for 15 days, and I enter Japan in the 5th day of my issuing of visa. Am I to stay in Japan for only 10 days? Duration of stay mentions for visitors as 90 days. So, can I stay for 90 days, even though my visa would have been expired.
Indian by citizenship.

Answer:


Your visa will have an issue date and an expiry date. Your visa is valid to enter Japan within that date (in your case 15 days from the date of its issue).

Your visa for 90 days will commence when you arrive in Japan, the validity of your stay in Japan will be indicated on your Landing Permit, that will be affixed in your passport.

You won't be able to come to Japan if your Visa has expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment