Monday, June 27, 2011

Can my girlfriend stay with my host family when she visits me in Japan?

Question:


I'll be staying with a host family when I go to Japan this year for study abroad. My girlfriend (fiance actually) wants to visit me over Christmas. Could she stay with me at our host families house? I mean, what is the Japanese view on such a thing? Would she have to stay in a different room, or could she stay in my room, or would they want her to stay somewhere else, like a hotel? Thanks.

Answer:


I'd show respect for the family and have her stay somewhere else. The family is being nice to allow you to stay there. I think to add another person is asking too much. That would add costs of food, water, power, and also space.
You can also visit her at the hotel when you really want to be alone together...

No comments:

Post a Comment