Monday, June 27, 2011

The daily life of a Japanese student?

Question:


I am doing an assignment on a Japanese Student.
--------------------------------------…
IMPORTANT: Just one student, I need a schedule that I'll choose from and use for my assignment, as I am aware just like an Australian schedule, everybodys day varies.
--------------------------------------…
So, I was wondering if a Japanese student or person who has been through the life of a Japanese student, put a general (hourly? 30-minutely?) timeline of your daily schedule. As detailed as possible please and this can be from middle school through to university student<3

An example of what I'm looking for (this is actually approx my daily schedule hehe):

5.30am Wake up
Wash face
Brush teeth
Prepare breakfast (Porridge with apple and honey + green tea or egg on toast or just toast)
6.00am Breakfast while watching TV/checking computer
Wash dishes
6.30am Get dressed
Pack bag
Walk to bus stop
7.00am Catch train

Etc...
Thanks in Advance<3

Answer:


I don't live in Japan but I did for a couple months, and this was my schedule:

5:45am Wake Up
Wash Face
Brush Teeth
Eat Breakfast (I am 13, so my mom prepared me breakfast: Rice, Fish and Miso Soup)
6:00 Get Dressed
Pick out my clothes (Did not have a uniform because I went to a public school)
Do my hair (Japanese people usually do not wear make up or much jewelry to school until high school unless you live in Tokyo)
Pack Bag (I used a traditional bag for young students called a Randoseru if that helps at all... (: )
Say bye to my grandparents and parents (very important, in Japan this is a big sign of respect)
Grab my keys (not for a car! for the house just in case everybody is not home when I get home)
Take elevator down to where my friends are waiting for me
Walk to school with my friends (my school was relatively close, so I could just walk instead of taking a train)
7:00am Go to school
(I'm not sure if you want my school schedule, so please let me know if you need it)
3:00pm Get out of school
3:15pm wait for my friends outside
3:30pm Go to McDonalds or the local convenience store for snacks)
3:45pm either go to a friends house, or go home and study (depending on if I have a test or not)
4:00pm If I go to a friends house, usually I stay there and talk or play games
5:30pm Go home, greet everyone, then do my homework
6:00pm take a shower
6:30pm Eat dinner (dinner is always changing, so I'll just write a traditional Japanese dinner called Nabe: basically a big pot of boiling water with many vegetables and thinly sliced meat. everyone takes what they want to eat out of the pot and puts it in a sauce called Ponzu sauce, or whatever sauce the particular family uses. Afterwards, you put noodles called Udon in it and eat it with the broth left from the meat and vegetables. Desert is usually fruit, a little bit of ice cream if lucky, or nothing at all)
Clean up my dishes
7:15 Get ready for bed (brush my teeth, study a bit more, call a friend) , watch a little bit of TV with my family occasionally
8:30 Unfold my Futon ( A type of bed where you can unfold and fold it up to save room)
Set my alarm
Say goodnight to everyone
Go to bed

Well this is basically a day in Japan! Depending on where you live, this may change. I live more out in the country, so I have to take a train if I want to go to the city where there's more activities and shopping (such as Harajuku). Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment