Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I want to go on a Japan mission trip?

Question:


i dont know if my parents will allow me to go because they still think im young to go to japan by myself (im 16) but of course id be stayogn with other missionaries and the only thing i would be doing alone would be the flight there and back, but its expensive also, which is a big issue too! and leaving school for a month? i dont want to wait till next summer! and how safe is it! im a mexican city kid from chicago. still dont knwo if thsi is what God wants for me?

Answer:


I recommend that you wait until you're older to go on any extended trips to vastly foreign countries. It sounds like you want to go to Japan, not do missionary work there, and honestly, at age 16, you don't have the skills developed to be an effective missionary in my opinion. Barring attacks from Mothra, Japan will always be there when you're ready. You are asking for homesickness, disorientation, and missing out on a lot of things with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment