Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wondering about the bread in Japan?

Question:


Well I googled for a bit and found out that Japanese have bread. I knew about Melon Bread what seems to be something like a snack. I saw they have others too, mostly french but also bread with filling and stuff. Now I was wondering:

- Is bread a actually meal as it is in Western? (Like breakfast)
- What kind of bread do they have? (Also braun sliced ones like we have in the Netherlands?*)

*don't get what I mean? Google on: Brood. Then you get our dutch bread, at least I hope so :)

Thanks!

Answer:


Yes bread can be part of a meal, Japanese also eat toast, french toast, sandwiches are popular etc.

They have sliced bread, french bread, italian bread, sandwich bread (generally with the crust cut off), etc. Depends on the shop and bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment