Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Is learning Japanese in university hard?

Question:


at an American university, an official state university, like University of _________
(should be pretty good instruction?)

I have learned hiragana and katakana before once, but I need to review them and remember them
I also took Mandarin Chinese for a year so I know quite a bit of basic characters and know how to go about learning, stroke order
I watched a lot of J-drama, and anime when I was middle school, so I know a lot of the basic phrases from that.

Is learning Japanese at a university intense? Or really easy?
I'm planning on learning it for 2 years in college, and then going to a Japanese university for a study abroad for the 3rd year.

Answer:


It really depends on the department and the professor you have. You might have a laid back professor or an intense one, also the university program, is it designed for beginners or intense learners etc. 2 years of college Japanese is probably not enough, considering you have people who do 2 years of just full time Japanese (all japanese and nothing else) that find it difficult as well.

But it depends on the person as well, some are quicker then others, and again the professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment