Monday, June 13, 2011

Place for good Japanese gift baskets?

Question:


I'm looking for websites that have good Japanese candy, snacks, and anime as a gift set/basket less than $45. I've already tried amazon, and I'll never use ebay. I've looked at jbox.com but they don't have a set. (sadly) If I have to make a set myself, please suggest items that will allow me to include snacks and 1 anime figure(or plush, etc.) and possibly a ramune. I don't really need a basket, but I don't want too many treats that are retarded. (like pocky, gummy bears, chips, etc.) most of the baskets I found are $50 and have nothing special in them.

If you know of a good Japanese candy, treat, drink, small anime plush, etc. please suggest that, anything helps. thank you :)

Answer:


Asian Food Grocer has stuff like candy and ramune (and calpis!). Jlist/Jbox has some candy and probably also some anime figures. Rakuten has pretty much everything you could ever want -- you can even find interesting stuff like purple potato tarts (though for some reason I think they're called RED potato tarts or something like that). But you're going to have to get the basket yourself and put the pieces together on your own, and shipping is going to eat away at your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment