Monday, June 13, 2011

Registering a personal seal in japan?

Question:


How does a foreigner go about registering a personal seal in japan that is used for documents and packages and what not? Questions about it other than that are , do you need to register it when you move to a new city? How does it work if you have a european name? and if I am a foreigner instead of using a personal seal can i just use my signature?

Answer:


If you're a foreigner, you don't need a seal. Just sign your name in the box on the paper. I usually just sign across the dotted lines if they want the seal on a sheet that's going to be cut up, or sign my first name on top of my last name if it's a standard hanko box on a sheet. I wouldn't recommend trying to register for a hanko if you're a short-term resident, as the whole process is a bit complicated. I'd suggest just signing your name where applicable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment