Saturday, July 23, 2011

I can practice Seiza, but afterwards..?

Question:


I want to move to Japan after college. (I'm going to be a Sophomore in August.)
I know Seiza isn't used a ton in regular Japanese culture (I'm not talking about Judo or anything!), but I still want to be able to it for ceremonies/traditional things, especially since I've heard a lot of Japanese youths are dropping out of the as good at Seiza like previous generations category.
I can do it for a while, I don't know maybe a half hour pretty alright now (though I may start fidgeting towards the end to keep my mind off of the pain) but afterwards if I want to walk like a non-cripple I have to very slowly flex and test my legs, which can take several minutes.
What's the best way to recover after a session of Seiza? I'm looking for anything from quick exercises/stretches to foods you can eat before hand (that would be awesome, haha)!
どうもありがとございます!!

Answer:


Seiza is not used so often in current Japanese society. So you don't need to worry about it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment