Saturday, July 23, 2011

Im heading to japan and need advice?

Question:


Okay so I asked my girlfriend to marry me and well she said yes she was born in Japan and moved to Australia where we met and then we moved to united states but she wants me to meet her family and experience her culture well she also wants me too meet her grandparents too but she told me I have to meet her dad grandpa and brothers and meet with them also I don't want to do anything stupid to make me look bad and well I don't want her to know that I'm trying to find out things before I go with her but do I bring a gift to her family home and also what should I do in Japan to embress her me or her family since she told me ill be judged by her family and people around since Japan is family based. Also her parents know I'm from Spanaird Australian so I dont speak Japanese any books on how too learn I want to surprise them we leave in 4 weeks

Answer:


I'm Japanese.

you definitely should bring some presents for her family.
when you visit someones house in japan, you must bring something. if not, they'd think you are awfully rude.of course they wouldn't express the feeling but theyd surely judge you.
and I don't think you should bring some Australian foods.because the old Japanese don't like any food except Japanese food.
so I advise you to present them for some stationary article.
you would be judged from your any behavior but theyll take consideration into the fact that you're a foreigner.
however, you must learn japanese behavior and culture.(like bowing, chopsticks, etc)
and several short Japanese phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment