Saturday, July 23, 2011

Looking for Japanese Music?

Question:


I'm into foreign music, particulaly music from Japan. But, living in the south, I don't get exposed to it often. Point is, my pitifully small playlist is begging for some new material. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

If it helps, here are some of the songs I really like:

"D-technolife" by UVERworld
"Asterisk" and "Locolotion" by Orange Range
"Spring Breeze" by Flumpool
"Velonica" by Aqua Timez
"Trust Me" and "Paradise" by Yuya Matsushita
"Shiki no Uta" by a singer whose name escapes me right now

I'm into just about any genre, but I'm really looking for new music. 5 stars to the best answer.

Answer:


Try Alice Nine; they're a really good Visual-Kei band from Japan, and their singer has a really strong voice. I'd suggest maybe Mirrorball or Cross game if you like the guitar and bass-prominent music, or Gekkou Yoku and Jewels if you like the softer, pop-like music - All of these are songs by Alice Nine, and they're quite good in my opinion. You might like them, you might not; just a suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment