Saturday, July 23, 2011

What sort of gift(s) should I get?

Question:


I'm going on a school trip to Osaka, and I'm being homestayed. We have to bring a gift, but I don't know what to bring. Our teacher said we can spend as little or as much as we want, and that even paua necklaces from the 2 Dollar shop will do fine. What should I get?

I'm from New Zealand if that helps anything.

Answer:


Japanese people love food!!! They are (or we are) food lovers and are very willing to try new things even if they are a little strange. If there are any foods that are special or native to New Zealand that taste good, you should bring them. Just make sure you dont tell the airport security that you have food, or they will give you a hard time. Maybe some dried snacks or something that is easy to travel with.

Paua necklaces seem like a great idea as well.

Maybe hats/clothing/accessories with english writing on them? They seem to be very popular in japan right now (I was just there) and they will probably be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment