Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm heading to Japan but may need visa?

Question:


For at least a month I've been planning a trip to Japan, now it's all booked and I fly out in 4 days, only problem is I have no visa. I didn't think I would need one at first but only recently somebody talked to me about a maximum stay period of 90 days. My plane tickets are booked for a 144 day stay but apparently to stay longer than 90 days I will need a working holiday visa (even though I will not be working over there).

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks heaps

Answer:


Well, this was posted on Yahoo Australia, so I'm guessing you're an Aussie.

The good news is, if you are an Aussie, all the people above me are wrong!

You can stay for 6 months on a Aussie passport. You will be given 90 days at passport control, but you can apply for an additional 90 days once you are in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment