Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I would like to go back to Japan for a short holiday, but due to health problems, I take prescribed medication?

Question:


I have to take morphine tablets, oramorph for breakthrough pain and apply Lidocaine pain patches, all controlled drugs, among other prescribed but not controlled medications. What is the procedure? Will I have to take my own supplies? Would I have to get clearance from the Japanese Consulate here, an EU country or declare them on entry into Japan? Any help would be appreciated.

Answer:


Most of the cases, or if you want to avoid any trouble, you will need to bring a medical certificate issued by your doctor, and better prepare Japanese translation by an authorized translator (you can get a list of registered translators at Japanese Embassy).

For further information, yes, inquire at the embassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment