Sunday, July 10, 2011

Is there any possibility that I could get a job teaching English in Japan coming straight out of high school?

Question:


I know that a university degree and what not is usually needed, but I am not planning on going to university.

I've been having a difficult time for quite a while now, and I need to figure out what I am doing with my life. I know that moving to Japan would be a big thing, but it's what I've always wanted to do. So, if I could teach English in Japan straight out of high school, then that's what I would love to do..

Answer:


I am sure deep down you know you will never move to Japan as you fail to meet the minimum requirements. Might i suggest that you take a week off from society, get away from it all and think about what you want to do. Japan is automatically crossed off your list as well as most western countries. Even in your country it is difficult but not impossible to find a decent job without a degree (might be easier if you had connections) Sorry if this sounds harsh but i like to tell it as it is.

I understand that university is not for everyone due to issues like cost, lenght etc but there is an alternative: apprenticeship. Apprenticeship programs are usually for high school leavers as it gives them a valuable skill in the workplace and some high flyers in industry did not go to university went through this route so maybe you could try that? Some employers look for hands on experience and will look favourably at those who have prior experience and some will look for a degree so it depends on each employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment