Monday, August 8, 2011

Do Japanese people like Australians?

Question:


One day I hope to travel to japan. I have plenty of Japanese friends that have apartments in Tokyo. I don't know Japanese but I'm going to take classes. But I heard Japanese people will sometimes say no to helping foreigners because they are scared?

Answer:


I am a Japanese and live in Australia. Compare to Australian, Japanese people are not friendly. A lot of them are shy to speak other languages but if you try to talk to them in Japaese, most people are happy to help you. Also some want to speak or practice English. People smile and greet without knowing each other at work or street in losts of places in Australia but Japanese don't smile to "stranger" because it is different life style etc...But Japanese people like helping each other too. Don't hasitate asking them help if you need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment