Monday, August 8, 2011

How long does SAL shipping take if it is being shipped from Japan to CA?

Question:


I ordered a figure from Amiami and was wondering how long does it take. I was told that it takes longer than EMS and many people kept saying how it came fast in 8 days. It has been about 17 days for one thing I ordered and 14 days since I ordered a second item 3 days later. Why is it taking long?

Answer:


Usually, SAL takes less than 2 weeks from Japan to the US. But in some cases, it takes 3-4 weeks, depending on the air traffic situation. Since the regular mails and EMS have priority to "get on board," SAL items cannot be shipped unless the cargo planes have enough space for them, which makes SAL shipment unpredictable. I strongly recommend that you use the regular airmail (if you do not want to use the expensive EMS).

No comments:

Post a Comment