Monday, August 8, 2011

How to make friends in Japan?

Question:


I'll admit- I epitomize every bad false stereotypes that the USA has. I'm 180lbs, 5'6", faire haired, and love anime - I mean I love Japanese culture of course! But anime sparked it. I'm always in my cosplay outfits ;) ! And I'm not ashamed to say I'm super excited about meeting more people who are accepting of me in japan !3! Because god knows I'm seem as a "freak" in the USA. :( just because I'm more Japanese-y than American..

Anyways I Just don't want people to think ALL Americans are fat, tall, blonde, or love anime because honestly most people are not- I'm obese in the USA I know it.. I'm scared people (other gaiijin) will hate me in japan? I'm scared they will say "your whats making gaiijin look bad in japan, etc) ... How do i calm my fears?



Also how will Japanese view me? I'm extremely shy and never talk to someone first ><;; Baka Julie Baka ... Haa... But do you think I can make many Japanese friends ? -- I'm staying in japan 4 years from next week!! I'll be in Tokyo ~ and I plan to get a job as a translator in japan after graduating- so I want to make a good first impession?

Answer:


Hmmm, if they said 'your whats making gaijin look bad in Japan' they would probably be able to write it without grammatical errors also.

What can you do to solve the 'fat, tall, blonde and love anime' thing.

Go on a diet, exercise and lose weight..... fat problem solved.
Cut off your feet...... tall problem solved.
Dye your hair.......blonde problem solved.
Love anine....... get some serious counseling, my man, some serious counseling.

But this 'staying in Japan 4 years from next week'.....

If you mean that you are going to start counting the four years from next week that you will move to Japan. That part will work. Count all you like. No problem there.

If you mean you are coming next week and plan to stay for 4 years, plan again. Because if you don't HAVE a job as a translator already you won't be staying for more than 90 days. You can look for a good on the sly but I doubt you will find anything. My wife is a translator. She went to school to do so. She has almost all of her work as a result of getting her foot in the door from introductions made by the school to potential clients.

This PIPEDREAM has been popped.

NOTE: Changing your screen name didn't change the fact that you were on my block list. Don't know who you used to be, but I smell a troll.

No comments:

Post a Comment