Friday, August 5, 2011

How difficult do Japanese students find learning English?

Question:


I am learning Japanese and it's not difficult, but just really different.
Do Japanese kids find English hard,easy?

Answer:


Most of the Japanese people find themselves having a hard time learning English.
Japanese grammar and English grammar are completely different.
EX: when you want to say "I (didn't) stud(y)ied yesterday" in Japanese
and if you translate it in English, it will be "I yesterday stud(y)ied (didn't)"
Beside grammar, they're also having a hard time pronouncing English vocabularies.
Most of them cannot pronounce L,V.
when they try to pronounce them, L=R, V=B
Also, every Japanese vocabs end with vowel (A,E,I,O,U) and N.
They find difficulty pronouncing words that end with R,T,P,S,D,F,G,J,K,CK,L,Z,X,V,B,M.
there are more reasons why they find English hard but I cannot list them all lol

No comments:

Post a Comment