Friday, August 5, 2011

My parents want to move from Japan...?

Question:


This is a very touchy subject for me. I have lived in Japan since I was in pre-school. I go to an international school and have a great love. I love my friends there and my school is fantastic. I have a great boyfriend and I am content. My mom grew up in Japan too and has lots of connections there too. My dad has never been a fan of Japan and would move if he had the chance. My brother is heading off to college in the fall.
Now, because of the recent earthquake and radiation problems, my parents decided, without talking to my brother or me about it, that we are going to move from Japan. They are going to alert their work-places in the next week. They told me that if i could come up with strong evidence to why we should stay there for 3 more years (i am going to be a sophmore) then we could stay. I am desperate. I have contacted many radiation experts and therapists, talking to them about physical and emotional consequences. I know a LOT about the Fukushima problem (I have studied it extensively over the past few months). Does anyone have any information that could be helpful for my side of the decision? thank you so much.

Answer:


Well your parents decision is final and there is nothing you can do about it. Just get with the program and adapt to life wherever you guys end up. I was in a similar situation when younger and i got on with it and adapted quickly to my new surrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment