Friday, August 5, 2011

What are some popular companies/agents that run the "weekly mansions"?

Question:


-
I searched, but there're so many info that I cannot narrow them down...
Have you ever used them? Any stories you've heard?

- Tokyo
- for a family (3)
- reasonable


Thanks,

Answer:


I think the most common company is Weekly Mansion Tokyo (they also own Flexstay and MyStay). You can find their English website here: http://www.wmt.co.jp/en/

I like weekly mansions. They are convenient and less troublesome than hotels because they give you more privacy. You're also usually able to cook small meals with an IH with pots usually supplied [not always plates or silverware]. Of course, if you like the trash being taken out for you and your bed made every day then maybe a hotel would better suit you. With a weekly mansion you're expected to treat it as if it were your own apartment, so you're not as coddled as at hotels.

The last weekly mansion I visited in Tokyo was the Flexstay Nippori Inn. It wasn't bad. I liked that it was close to the train station but not in a busy part of Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment