Thursday, August 11, 2011

Testing Japanese level compared to highschool?

Question:


Hi there! I'm interested in a foreign exchange program to Japan.
I have a couple questions; questions that I don't have answers too that is.
let me explain my situation. I'm a homeschooled highschool student going into my sophomore
year. I would like too spend my junior or senior year abroad studying in japan. According to most exchange sites, 2 years of Japanese language study are required. I study Japanese every day on my own, but I don't know how far I am compared to someone who took 2 years of highschool Japanese courses.
I guess my question is, how can I test weather or not I have the equivalent of 2 years of Japanese.
is there a test or something? I know about the JLPT5 4 3 2 1 In japan, but I don't know if these are the kind of tests I need to do... would 2 years mean I completed JLPT4 testing? if so I have a long way to go. to recap

How much do you learn if you took 2 years of japanese in an american highschool.
and, how can I test if i have achieved this level.

arigatougozaimasu

Answer:


I think you have to take a Japanese class for 2 years at high school or college.

"Self-declared" does not work in this case.

Just ask them if JLPT will work as its equivalent. It's their decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment