Sunday, October 23, 2011

Can I get a Japanese work visa?

Question:


I don't have a degree, but I'm fluent in Japanese. I've heard of people getting work visas based on Japanese fluency. Is this true? Can I get visa, just because I'm fluent in Japanese?

Answer:


You don't actually need a bachelor degree from university to get a work visa. I don't know why people say that. I know someone with just a few college courses and he got a 3 year work visa.

What you do need though is a job. So, indirectly your fluent Japanese can get you a work visa.

A company hires you or promises to hire you, then they provide paperwork, you fill out some paperwork, then you apply for your visa either at an embassy or consulate overseas, or at an immigration office within Japan. They decide how long you can stay. It's usually 1 year, but sometimes 3 years. Renewing is easy if you are still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment