Sunday, October 23, 2011

Can someone translate this old japanese letter?

Question:


http://imgur.com/7Pjzf thanks in advance,

Answer:


It's a letter from his elder brother in home, to younger brother in military, lefting his family in home.

.......
.......
.... ( NOTE: I think there should be privious pages.)....
.......
.......


..... 遊びならがら草履を作ったりしています。
......He is having fun making Zouri straw shoes.
(NOTE: I actually don't know if it's she or he. It must be a kid.)
家の中にいるのは退屈そうにしています。
He looks bored whole he is in home..
夜が明けると一番先に目をさまして、早く起きたがってさわいでいます。
He wakes up earliest in the family, and act up in the bed he wants to get out even earlier..
これからだんだん暖かくなると、農業の方が忙しくなりますが、
今年は病院もないからまずよいと思っています。
It's going to get warmer soon and the firm work would be busier, but it's OK because I don't have to go hospital this year.
貴弟の家では、今年も又、我が家の田に来て苗代を作るそうです。
The family of you, my dear respected brother, is coming to our firm and grow rice this year as every year.
皆相変わらずの元気にて働いているようですから、何卒ご安心ください。
You don't have to worry about your family. Every ones of your family working very fine as always
貴弟もなお一層体に注意して軍務に従事する様
You, my dear respected brother, take care of yourself and focus on your military tasks.
貴弟の健康とご武運長久をお祈りして筆を止めます。
My dear brother; May God prosper your arms forever.

御身体大切に
take care of yourself

代々様 奈良
From all of your blooded family in Nara
(NOTE: I'm not very sure if this is right.)

ノリへ
To my dear Nori.

寛様
Esquire. Nori
(NOTE: Wrote his name again with a honorific title to show respect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment