Friday, October 21, 2011

Japanese for "I love you"?

Question:


My boyfriend is Japanese and he says 'daisuki dayo'
he says that another way to say it is 'aishiteru yo' but he says for some reason he can't say it.
are the two words the same meaning, or is 'aishiteru yo' more meaningful form?
Also, is it normal for Japanese feeling uncomfortable to say that one?

Answer:


"daisuki dayo' can be translate into "I really like you", and " aishiteru yo" can be translated into "I love you". but those two are kind of same meaning to us. As a matter of fact, young people prefer "daisuki dayo" to "aishite ru" in order to express thier feeling to thier boyfriend/girlfriend, because "aishiteru" sounds like formal and we don't really use that word( "aishiteru" is used mor often by elder people I guess). and Yes, I can say most Japansese feel uncomfortable to say that. I'm Japanses by the way, and hope my answer could help you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment