Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How would I keep sushi fresh for this situation?

Question:


I would have to buy the sushi at 2:00 PM and have to preserve it at home until 6:15 AM the next day. At 6:15 AM I leave home, and would take the sushi with me. I walk and take the bus to school- 7:30 I get to my locker, and the sushi would have to stay in there until around 10:10, which is lunch.

Is it possible to keep sushi fresh for this long, and if so, how would I preserve it- at home and then outside?

Answer:


Sushi is not really a take-away food. Sushi should be made fresh and then eaten straight away. I would try making and bringing an Onigiri (Japanese Rice Ball) to school instead as this is a better option. Onigiri is a popular snack food or takeaway option for a quick meal in Japan. It is kind of like a sandwich in the West.

Japanese Onigiri Recipe
http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…

No comments:

Post a Comment