Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Would the Japanese stare at me?

Question:


Well, I kinda wanna move to Japan in a few years, but I'm afraid of being stared at. I am from half-Nicaraguan and half-American, but my skin color is like Tyra Bank's. Would the Japanese stare at me? I fell in love with their culture and traditions, but I don't wanna be stared at. I want to be treated just as any normal person in Japan, not like a weirdo.

Answer:


It depends on where you are. In Tokyo or Osaka, you won't get stared at. Pretty much anywhere else, you will be. That's just how they are. You're different, you're interesting, they'll stare. Most of the time they don't even realize they're doing it. You'll get used to it, though. Kids especially will ask innocent questions (like "are you a foreigner?" etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment