Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How would I say these 10 things in present/past/presn neg/past neg. in japanese?

Question:


I had a question earlier, and I got a little confused. I'm not sure how to say the present, past, presen neg, and past negative of these things.

I am hungry/ was / not / wasn't - onaka ga suita/ onaka ga suita datta/ onaka ga suita ja nai/ onaka ga ja nakatta?

I am thirsty/ was/ not/ wasn't- nodo ga kawaita/ nodo ga kawaita/ nodo ga kawakanai/ nodo ga kawakanakatta?

I am wrong/ was/ not/ wasn't- machigatte iru/ machigatte ita/ machigatte inai/ machigatte inakatta?

I am right/ was/ not/ wasn't- tadashii/ tadashikatta/ tadashikunai/ tadashikunakatta?

I am irritable/ was/ not/ wasn't- okorippoi/ okorippokatta/ okorippokunai/ okorippokunakatta?

I am full/ was/ not/ wasn't- onaka ga ippai/ onaka ga ippai datta/ onaka ga ippai ja nai/ onaka ga ippai ja nakatta?

I am satisfied/ was/ not/ wasn't- manzoku shita/ manzoku shita/ manzoku shinai/ manzoku shinnakatta?

I am excited/ was/ not/ wasn't- koufun shita/ koufun shita/ koufun shinai/ koufun shinakatta?

I am wounded/ was/ not/ wasn't- kega shite iru/ kega shite ita/ kega shite inai/ kega shite inakatta?

Finally, I am exhausted/ was/ not/ wasn't- tsukare/ tsukarete ita/ tsukarete inai/ tsukarete inakatta?

As you can see, my translations may be wrong. If there some kind of strange literal translation I should know about, please tell me. Thank you for your consideration if choosing to answer. All help is appreciated, thank you.

Answer:


Same as I told you last time.

1. onaka ga suita: "suita" is the past tense of "suku" Suku is a verb meaning "to empty" "Onaka"
means "stomach"

Therefore: present tense: onaka ga suita negative: onaka ga sukanai past: onaka ga suita past neg.:
onaka ga sukanakatta

2. Is OK.
(Please note that present and past are same for 1 and 2) there is no adjective for hungry and thirsty, so these verbs are used in past tense even when the meaning is present tense. They are idioms Onaka ga suita: I'm hungry. (lit. My stomach is emptied) Nodo ga kawaita I'm thirsty (lit. My throat has been dried.)

3. is OK
4. is OK
5. is OK
6.is OK
7. last one past perfect has one "n" "manzoku shinakatta"
8. present tense: koufun suru or koufun shite iru. lit. ("I am being excited") this is called the present continuous it is used with -te iru to indicate something in process
9.Like number 7, you used present continuous OK
10. This one too is present continuous:
Present: tsukarete iru
Neg: tsukarete inai
Past: tsukareta or tsukarete itta
Neg Past: tsukarenakatta or tsukarete inakatta



With body and feeling conditions, there are some idioms: (Nodo ga kawaita/onaka ga suita) but remember they are verbs in Japanese, unlike english "hungry" and "thirsty," which are adjectives.

Feeling verbs can be used in the past tense to describe a present situation: "koufun shita" can mean that you are excited now, or it can mean your were excited.
Koufun suru can be "exciting" or "I will be excited," since plain form is also future tense.
Or feeling verbs take the -ing form, called present continuous, expressed in Japanese with -te iru.

So injured can be : Present: kega shita or kega shite iru.
Same with satisfied, exhausted, full.

"irratible" you used the verb ending -ppoi which turns a verb into an adjective and takes the same endings as an "i" adjective. katta/ kunai/kunakatta, etc.

"Right" is the "i" adjective "tadashii" which you conjugated correctly.


In summary your only major mistake was number one. You don't put desu/ja nai/datta after a verb. (in this case, the verb "suku")

No comments:

Post a Comment