Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Teaching English in Japan?

Question:


I was born in Japan but have lived most of my life (about 22 years) living and going to school in New Zealand. I currently hold a Bachelor of Communications majoring in Public Relations and am halfway through my honors year. I have more confidence speaking English than Japanese and am thinking of spending some time in Japan to work (preferrably teaching English or in a PR-related field). My father lives in Japan so I wouldn`t need accommodation etc. What are the prospects of finding a job in the Tokyo area?
Would appreciate any input/advice!

Answer:


Most recruiters for English jobs in Japan will require the following:

1. Native English Speaker
2. Full Bachelor Degree (in any field) * Required for Visa but may not be necessary in your case
3. Basic Japanese Ability

The market is really competitive now so they also prefer teaching experience and qualifications such as ESL, TEFL or CELTA.

Salary is usually around 240,000 - 255,000 yen per month depending on experience and qualifications.

Working in Japan
http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…

No comments:

Post a Comment