Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What would happen to me if I had amnesia in Japan?

Question:


Say that I, a short 14 year old (look like 11 or younger) were to somehow be in Japan. I wake up in a hospital and can't remember anything about myself, and didn't have anything to identify me. What would happen to me? Would I be taught Japanese and be in a foster home? How would they decide my name and age? By asking me what I think I am?(if they can ask me -.-)

Thank you for responding, it's just a curious question.

Oh, btw, this is going as if my parents had already left Japan(Maybe I went to the restroom or a store to buy something without them knowing and the plane left?) and I hit my head after running trying to catch it? That's just an example of what could happen if you need to know the situation.

Answer:


You must have your passport with you. So you will be sent back to your country after waking up in a hospital.

Addition:
>And if I don't have my passport =|? I said I have nothing to identify me.

You can't enter Japan without passport. If you lost it in Japan, someone will bring it to authority. Japanese people basically don't try to take your passport to their home.

If it's really lost, Japanese authority would try to find your data at immigration office. There is your data because you entered Japan. They take your fingerprint at airport. So they can identify you from your finger.

So foster home thing is not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment