Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am redhead wanting to model in Japan, what should I bring with me and who should I talk to?

Question:


I am 5.9, super pale, and have long red hair and am a 32D. I am moving to Japan in February and have experience acting in independent films, modeling for many photographers, and can speak conversational Japanese (JLPT 3). I would like to know where to look when it comes to trustworthy photographers, companies, and job leads. I am not interested in glamour or gravure modeling. Do I need to contact the companies ahead of time, or bring my calling card/portfolio, do they prefer e-mail, what should I say at a personal meeting? I am not signed with anyone currently.

Thanks for your help and guidance, if you play music in Japan currently comment too, I need to find people to play/sing with!

Answer:


I agree with Kittysue. You need a company to sponsor you because without that, it would be impossible to work in Japan. You could visit Japan and out of desperation, go down the wrong path where you will be easily exploited. There is a common saying "start from the bottom and work your way to the top" If you don't have modelling experience, it might be best get some in your country and then apply for jobs in Japan because you stand a better chance with work experience than without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment