Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Japan culture? Anything about it would be helpful?

Question:


I'm writing a short story based in Japan. (It's no where specific) but I wanted to know some basic cultural things I should keep in mind with my characters actions.Such as what type of things do teenagers do to show respect to elders? What do people do when they're bored and want friends over? (like older people because here it's knitting and card and tea ect.) some stuff about demons? and anything else you wanna throw in would help. thanks! (I know a lot about the culture but I feel like I may be missing something. I want to write it as Easternly as I can, but I've seen people do that before and I know that they'll always be that Western side to my story. But still, let's get rid of the more obvious stuff!) :D

Answer:


show respect to elders - Speak in formal language.
young people do hang out or video/computer games or do mobile phone or go karaoke.
Old people do grow flowers or trees and have a green tea and walk or female people like to have chat with other old people outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment