Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I need information about Oiran?

Question:


It can be in Japanese, but preferable in english, one of my friend want to write a book about Oiran, I just recently learn what Oiran were, my friend told me Memoirs of a Geisha is lovely movie but with so many errors, as much she read about Oiran she cannot find good sites. so any help would be appreciate, she do has a yahoo answers but she is in spanish section.

Answer:


Unfortunately there really isn't much out there in English. If I were her I would start by looking at the resources used to construct the Wikipedia page, get a hold of as many of them as possible, read them herself, and then mine their bibliographies for more resources. If she has access to scholarly online databases like JSTOR she might also consider running a search there.

No comments:

Post a Comment