Thursday, November 17, 2011

Is there a computer program like the Kotoba app?

Question:


Where you can draw the kanji and the program will help you look up what it is. Like word recognition.
I have a complex piece of kanji on a gift I received and no way for me to go about finding what it says since I don't have an iPhone or iPad. Something for the computer is what I'm looking for.

More about Kobata: http://kotoba.pierrephi.net/

Answer:


Can you scan the kanji or take a photo and paste it here and I can tell you what it is.

I am a native Japanese and elecronics engineer. Answer to your question as far as I know is No. In order to draw you have to have an input device as touch panel.
There might be some sort of paint brush type of program that you can draw and use that as an input.
I will research more and if I find anything I will let you know.

http://endic.naver.jp/srch/all/N/優藤鷲賢
Your kanji yeilds nothing collectively but individually, 1st one reads yuu, means superior or gentle
2nd tou/fuji wisteria, 3rd shu/washi eagle, 4th ken/kashikoi smart

No comments:

Post a Comment