Saturday, December 10, 2011

If someone jumps in front of a train and it's delayed, do they just list it as "passenger injury"?

Question:


I was just on the JR Yamanote line... It stopped for a long time and the conductor made several announcements on the intercom, but I couldn't understand it with my poor Japanese. Then we went for one or two stops while the screen inside said there was a "passenger injury", stopped again for even longer, and continued on another train on the other side of the platform... I understand people get injured, but it seemed too delayed for someone to just break their leg on car #3---it takes a while to clean up a suicide in the middle of the route. D:

Sorry for asking such a question, but I'm suspicious!

Answer:


Well, the screen can show you only the words registered in its computer. So I don't think the screen has much more words other than "passenger injury".

No comments:

Post a Comment