Sunday, April 10, 2011

How dangerous is it to go to Japan now?

Question:


How bad is the radiation problem and general situation in Japan now? I know the government isn't telling the whole truth. But how bad exactly is it?

This is for work, not leisure. Although I can insist on not returning, I don't feel good as I left my project halfway when I left there two days after the 311 earthquake.

I don't think I should risk my life for work (I'm in IT) but if it isn't too bad I'd like to go back to finish the project, which will take another 6 months in Japan.

If I shall return, what kind of precautions can I take?

Answer:


The only danger of radiation at this time is inside the nuke plants. If you stay out of the hardest hit areas such as Fukushima & Sendai, you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment