Sunday, April 10, 2011

Layover in Japan, 2 hours: will I need to go through customs/immigration/etc?

Question:


I'll be taking a trip to Korea in a couple of months and some of the cheaper tickets have a 2 hour layover in Tokyo. When I disembark for my connection flight, will I have to go through any special procedures? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if 2 hours is really a safe window to catch my flight, given the possibility of a flight delay. I have my passport already (which is all I need as an American to enter Japan and Korea).

Note: I have no intention of leaving the airport during my connection time. I will stay in the airport and wait.

Answer:


Because you are not leaving the airport and entering Japan you will not have to do anything more than just go to your next gate and wait. Immigration and customs are only for people entering the country, so you will only do that for Korea when you finally arrive and not Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment