Sunday, April 3, 2011

How long do you think it will take Japan to get in a better situation?

Question:


I'm not sure if I phrased that very well. I'm just curious to see what people think of how long Japan will return to "normal" per say. Not denying the fact that it may never return to it's original position.
>>How scary it must of been :(

Answer:


Hard to say. I read in the New Yorker that after Kobe's huge earthquake, the city was operating at nearly normal capacity after 15 months (I think that was it . . . it wasn't two years).

This was a bigger quake, and then there's the radiation, which saps confidence in the Japanese economy. However, the New Yorker said after an earthquake, it's not so much the money that pours in, it's the ingenuity and organization of the people. Japan still has that.

I would bet about two years. And, this is going to be a real life-changing experience for this entire generation. If they succeed in getting things back on track that fast, they'll have the confidence for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment