Sunday, April 3, 2011

Japan travelling advice for transport! Suica card vs JR Pass?!?

Question:


I am going to Tokyo and Osaka in October and I need to know whether I should get a JR Rail pass or maybe get a Suica Card. I will be staying 9 days in Tokyo, using the train and subway and then taking a shinkansen to Osaka and staying there for 8 days. While I am in Osaka I will also travel to Kyoto for a day trip. The reason I don't really want to buy a JR pass is because I think it is way too expensive specially for the amount of actual travel I will be doing. I will be entering the country through Narita airport and leaving through Kansai airport.
What would you recommend? Suica cards can be recharged can't they? Where can you recharge them?
Thanks for your time!

Answer:


If you go from Tokyo to Osaka one way, JR Pass is not worth. JR Pass is worth only if you take long distance trains many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment